With media coverage of the novel COVID-19’s spreading worldwide, we understand the potential for disruption issues which might affect productivity and service levels. While much is yet to be known, companies may be impacted by a significant number of associates unable to report for work due to illness.
In keeping with our personnel and disaster preparedness policies, QIC is monitoring developments related to the spread of COVID-19. We currently do not have any cases of COVID-19 affecting associates or our ability to provide services to our clients.
QIC continues to review and implement CDC and WHO guidance, as well as statements from other local, state, and national health organizations.
Additionally, a pandemic plan is in place which includes contingencies for possible work disruption issues. Ensuring the safety and well being of the QIC team and visitors to our campus is paramount, and to this end the following steps are being taken.
- Associates with viral symptoms are not allowed to report to work
- Key personnel can telecommute if necessary
- International and domestic travel has been postponed for the foreseeable future
- All facilities are being cleaned and sanitized frequently
- Additional hand-soap dispensers have been installed
- Disinfectant sprays and wipes are available to all office and distribution center personnel
We value our associates, clients, and suppliers. We are communicating precautions and awareness to our internal team and will continue to communicate to our clients as additional details emerge. For the latest news on COVID-19, please visit Coronavirus Disease 2019, CDC’s informative website.